Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Morning in Ohio

Early Monday morning, just sitting here looking out the window and drinking my first cup of coffee, I don't even try to see what's on TV anymore, I just go directly to Easy Listening music, a lot of Mantovani, Roger Williams, Hugo Montenego, Ferranti and Teicher, great "listening" music, which goes well with quiet, snowy and early morning tranquility. I can feel my batteries "recharging."

I read my email, a lot about football, politics, oil prices, it's Monday morning, I just deleted it all, I don't want to know that we are in horrible shape right now. Oh, "The Last Farewell," love that song, saw the fellow that had that hit record in Columbus many years ago, very entertaining evening.

It is so "quiet" right now, even with "The Last Farewell" in the background, it's hard to find "quiet" anymore. I think the cold and snow and Winter add to making it quiet.

Just wondering, how do they get so much depth and volume out of our little "flat screen" TV, there are no big speakers, it's only an inch thick, yet the quality is better than our first "Hi Fi" I bought back in the late 50's. We had to have a "hi fi," radio was not good enough anymore, by the time the salesman got done telling me about "hi fi" I had to have one, he showed me what I had been missing by not having one. Then a few years later he showed me what I was missing by not having a "STEREO," and I had to have one of those, he even sold me a stereo pillow with speakers in both sides of the pillow so I could lie there and listen to "STEREO."

Progress is great, 78's, then 33 1/3's, wire, tapes, CD's and I really don't know what they use now to hold those - every song ever written -  things they have in their ears now.

Just think, I delivered newspapers, The Dayton Journal Herald, to Orville Wright, granted, the airplane had developed quite a bit by then, but I have seen the man that made the first flight, and look where we are now. A lot has happened in my lifetime, things have come and gone.

"Wind Beneath My Wings," is playing now, I cry a lot at the end of that movie. Memories are a great thing, I am so thankful that I still have all of mine at this age, they are better than TV, anytime.

Movement here in our apartment complex, a neighbors son is going somewhere in their Cherokee, he is in his teens, must be cold, I don't think he has any long pants, just those shorts that go down below the knee, Reebok high tops, t-shirt and a light jacket, youth, he doesn't feel the cold.

"Try To Remember,"  that is just what I am doing.