Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WHEN?

When did it become fashionable to NOT WEAR TIES?

Who started it? All of a sudden, open shirts. Perhaps it is my advanced age, but putting on a $999 suit, $900 alligator shoes, a $150 shirt ..... and then no necktie, just leave that expensive tailor made shirt open at the neck, just leaves the picture incomplete.

I have started my own rebellion against this practice, if a tie is not work, I turn the channel.

I don't know when it all started. Even the ministers on the religious channel, open neck. In my opinion, if they don't respect me enough to get completely dressed, which includes a tie, I don't watch them.

I have seen nice suits, no tie, and a flat brimmed ball hat, at a 45 degree angle. And, they expect me to listen to what they have to say, no way.

Newsmen, who we are supposed to look up to, and respect, and believe, don't think enough of us to complete their attire.

And, what is worse, that same expensive suit, and under the coat, a T-shirt.

Perception, does your perception of an individual change, with an open collar. YOU BET IT DOES. Even a shirt and tie, with no coat, looks better. Maybe they are rebelling against the price tag of ties, but I am sure that all those tie less guys have a closet full of ties.

If two men are giving a speech, or discussing an important issue, one with a tie, one open neck, which one do you tend to believe ...................... right, the one with the tie.

Start doing like I do, it they don't have the time to put a tie on, I don't have the time to watch them.

P.S. After I put this up, I did a search, trying to find a foto of a TV personality, without a tie. ALL the bios, show them with ties, ALL the sites I found, agents, bios, etc., ALL were wearing NECKTIES ...... all of the various sites, promoting and selling the talents of these celebs, showed them in ties ....... strange. In situations where they need respect, showing their image, they wear ties ....... on TV, when talking directly to us ................ NO TIES, I think that is disrespectful to US.