Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, May 31, 2009

Too Old ...........

I think I am tooooo old to understand all these "social networking" sites that are the rage of the Internet now days.

I've been on "My Space" for quite some time, don't even remember how to log in anymore. I am sure there are may millions who derive great enjoyment from visiting there, hearing from their friends .... I guess. Seems like a good advertising means for some.

Now doing Facebook, following the days of other people.

I make coffee, let the dog out, watch TV, spend time on the computer, fix lunch, clean the kitchen and the apartment up, watch TV, fix dinner, clean the kitchen, shave and shower, and go to bed. Not a lot of material for FACEBOOK. Sometimes my wife will let me go to the mailbox, if she is not expecting anything important. OH, yea, we go to Walmart about every other day, whether we need anything or not.

Even there, have been shopping there for about 6 years, getting really familiar with the store, know where everything is ...... so they are doing a complete remodel on it, and staying open while they do it. Now we have to learn where everything is, all over. Maybe that is why they do it.

Supposedly, remodel every six years, change managers every 5. I never disagree with what they do ..... they didn't grow this big by doing things wrong. I don't like the new store, but we know so many people there now that we will continue to keep going back, like going home.

I guess people have to belong, or feel that they belong, so all the NETWORKING sites afford them that opportunity, to belong ..... to be a part of something.

I remember when my family, friends, neighbors, and neighborhood filled that need, now a computer does that for them.

What a shame ......................