Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, November 27, 2014

Yea, aa little sad today .................

I must admit, I am a little sad, due to some health issues and other things, we decided to do "Turkey Day" on Sunday. It is now 11:15 AM and there is no "Turkey" aroma in the. There are no kids here, watching the parades. I made my kids sit and watch, whether they wanted to or not.

I am thankful, though, no "tube" coming out of my side, and I am feeling pretty good, and independent. I am letting Marilyn sleep in this morning, but thankful she is home and we are together.

I think this is the first year for this, nothing to do this morning, but, reflect.

My Mom loved holidays, she loved "family" and getting the family together for events, such as today. Jessie had decorations for every holiday, and proudly displayed them on the appropriate day. I am not sure when we had our last Thanksgiving together, Mom and Dad, probably in the 70's sometime.

One that stands out in my mind, late 50's, Reno, Nevada. Working at the Primm, got off work around 11, Ernie Primm offered a Holiday Drink to our crew, sitting at the bar, Jimmie Jones and some others, most of whom lived alone and had nothing to do. So, I invited them all home. They and others took me up on the invitation, by late afternoon we had quite a crowd, everyone brought food, so there was more than enough. We ended up with 20 or so, and it was so memorable, sharing that day, with so many, who did not have others to share the day with. Never forget that one, sharing with others.

Brad and Melissa and Dennis, growing up, I remember when they televised a parade, rather than the TV show it is today. I remember listening to the football game, sitting around the Philco, I think it was on WJR from Detroit, and the Lions, even then. It was the start of, the introduction to, the Christmas Holiday Season. I even remember when the day after, was a day to rest and eat leftovers, not go shopping.

Yea, I'm a little sad, no bread to be torn apart and dried for dressing, no giblets on the stove making a nice broth for the dressing, and, the gizzard, liver, heart and neck to munch on, and, actually fill up on, no gravy to worry about getting the right "turn" on ... a great grandmother term. No pies to steal a little crust off of to munch, no kids to yell at when they were not as "excited" about the day as I was, "You will like this day as much as I do, or else."

But, I can do it all on Sunday, more practical. Some have some Black Friday shopping to do and other things. Marilyn and I are out of the hospital, I have no tube sticking out of me.

The good memories are still there though ..... I hope those of you who do celebrate this day, have a nice day ............. Remember, I am related to William Bradford .... he was at the first one ...