Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, November 10, 2014

No more ....

I've decided to do a blog, anyway, feeling really sorry for myself today. My ADD, being a Spendthrift, being Impulsive, have had a lot to do with the situation we are in today. My Estate Planning has been non-existent, so my "Twilight Years" are not without problems.

We probably will celebrate our 50th by getting a burger at Burger Chef. We'll get a few flowers, maybe a fruit basket, someone will bring ice cream and a cake over, and the day will end.

Remorse, yes, I feel some every day. I have thrown away a number of opportunities, jobs, businesses, homes, estates, etc., etc., etc.

First, I never dreamed about this day actually occurring, 50 years of marriage, and this is my 4th wife, just doesn't happen. I never dreamed I would live to be 82, never occurred to me, but, here I am. On this 50th Anniversary Eve, we have one Doctor appointment, and tomorrow, we have two, all my wife's. My health, even though questionable, is not under scrutiny at this time.

I have felt sorry for myself, all morning, sad despondent, remorseful, But, some little thing happened to change it all. I took a nice long, hot shower, and decided ..... well, we made it to 50, or at least it looks like we may, we are .......... walking ..... without the aid of a walker, I can drive us to the Doctor, and I will fix us dinner tonight, not sure what, but I have some options.

And, I am a Veteran, U.S. Navy, '52-'56, and married 50 years, tomorrow. 

Not everyone can say that, or, will ever have the opportunity. So I will not be in Holland listening to Andre Rieu in Concert, but, my wife does not care that much for him anyway, so it probably never would have happened, regardless.

So, all the remorse is behind me, I am happy, well, not despondent .... heading out to our first appointment at the Doctors .......