Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"There's got to be a morning after ........"

The day after the election, how do I feel about the outcome, you ask. In my youth, I would have possibly given you a positive, excited answer. In my old age, I can only tell you, regardless of party affiliations, politicians won.

The old hands, reelected, know how much they can steal, and will only take what they have taken in the past. I don't use the word "steal" in the accepted usage of the term. They know what they can do, what they can get away with, and, in some ways, their actions, acts, etc., are not too harmful.

It's the new ones, regardless of party, that have broad grins on their faces this morning, actually sneers, like old Simon Legree, wringing their hands, a kid in a candy store, oh and that laugh, a Vincent Price low guttural , not a laugh, a sound of anticipation, a new door opened to go through, the birth of a new lifestyle.

I have been affiliated or leaned toward one party, more than another. I was a registered Independent for a long time, but no fun when you cannot vote in the primaries, so I am not optimistic that any change will occur, All my Facebook posts and Tweets state that as an old f ... ellow, I am in trouble, but, I knew that anyway.

At least, all the news shows have much to discuss this morning, and they are spewing forth with predictions and analysis of what happened and how it will affect our "new" political lives. Why did we even go to all that expense to hold an election, THEY knew what was going to happen, anyway.

OH, one revelation just exposed by the morning news .... "The American people are fed up with politics." Why don't all these news people run for office, they know all the answers.