Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, November 25, 2014

An opinion

My kidney stone and I are contemplating the relationship between the police and the general public. There are somewhere around 500,000 policemen around the United States. I do not know what happened recently that resulted in the shooting, I was not there, two people were there, and one is dead. I do not know the officer, know nothing of him, know nothing of the "situation" he was faced with.

I am confident, though, that the Grand Jury looked at it from all sides. It appears the group was as diversified as the community it represented. From their standpoint, it would have been much easier to render a different verdict.

I, personally, respect law enforcement officers, I hold them in high esteem. I was brought up that way and have never changed. I do have a list of professions that I have lost faith in, and now, have little, or less, respect for. Law enforcement personnel are not on that list, never have been.

I would not like to live in a society void of law enforcement officials. Lawlessness would run rampant, we would not be safe on the streets, or in our homes. It would be an unbearable existence.

How many "bad apples" are there in a grove of 500,000?

How many "bad" politicians are there in a group of 500,000?

The officer made a "split second" decision, was it the right one, the ONLY means possible of determining that ............. said yes.

There, but by the Grace of God, go I.