Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Things are gonna be good now .............

Should we feel sorry for president obama. First of all, I, and many other, do not capitalize either his office or his name. I have noticed that now for quite a while. Some ex-Presidents, I could not do that to. President Reagan, President Roosevelt, I guess almost all of them, until now. I guess I just consider him as living in the white house, sitting in the oval office, because of a gigantic mistake. I even considered him President Carter. I don't think the bar was lowered until this ... person ... somehow, got in to office.

His hour speech today, my wife had it on, well, we had a shooting here in town and she wanted to hear about it on the news, and of course .......... he spoke for an hour ..... I expected something to come oozing out of the bottom of the TV set .... an hour of meaningless words .... presented to, presented to, well, presented to .... I honestly do not know why they were presented. An Infomercial for a pressure cooker would have held more interest to me, I would not have "bought" it, and I doubt many "bought" his pathetic attempt today. Embarrassment was written all over his face....

Is the country "saved" now? Well, if we got in this sad shape with HIS people in power, why should we expect any improvement with THEIR people in office. Some states changed color, for what that is worth. Remember, we still have POLITICIANS in office, not good businessmen, not learned individuals .... just people who rose up through their local parties, and were elected. They were not trained, educated or necessarily qualified for the office they were running for, they were "popular" at the time of the election, and "now they be lected ficcials." "Gee, Mom, I'm a congressman ..... what's a congressman, Mom?"

Remember, now they have to do nothing to get payed, receive a TREMENDOUS benefit, insurance and retirement program. They have a payed staff, probably some relatives, definitely friends, a great office, on the "down" side, the cost of living is out of site .... as a result ... a quest for some "additional" finances to defray those costs .... "Hey, a guys gotta live," or, "Hey, a gal has gotta live."

So, in a few days, things will get back to normal. New new guys will settle in, the old guys will head to Arizona or Florida, do "Commercials" of one kind or another, and enjoy a pleasant retirement, or plan for their next election, and the process starts all over again. "What, you mean I can use part of that "War Chest" .... how many million, you say, WOW, crime and politics does pay, don't it?"

Do I respect the man .... you bet, just look at what he has done. He has pulled off the greatest scam in history ... just think about it.