Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, January 24, 2013

Still on line in Ohio ............

The weather is bitter cold and snowy outside, nothing I can do about that, just sit back and wait for Spring. Much the same as my feelings about our government, nothing I can do about it, just sit back and wait, not sure what we are waiting for, and we may not know when it happens, and when it does it may be too late, but still, all we can do is wait.

I must admit that I have reached a point where the news means nothing to me, it goes through one ear and out the other. I only know that what I am hearing is of questionable truth, and no one is to blame.

The one story that got my attention pertained to women in combat. How is that determined? What is combat? I see footage of women, in uniforms, same as the men, carrying the same rifle, being shot at with the same bullets as the men, maybe they just did not draw "combat pay."

But, the big, important news on TV, the Super Bowl. I remember when it was just a football game, a Championship Game, not a gigantic TV spectacle. This part of the Winter can be dull, so the TV moguls have taken this opportunity to "fill" the time with this game.  Just saw a commercial, "By a NEW, larger TV to watch the BIG game on."

The Sun is shining brightly in Ohio right now, that helps somewhat, but not enough to stimulate my creative brain cells.when does baseball's Spring Training start? I feel warmer and full of optimism when I hear that they are reporting to camp. I may go through my fishing tackle box, that always helps.