Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, January 28, 2013

Respect ....... ?

Seriously, think about it, who do you really respect anymore?

I guess I still have respect for all of my high school teachers at Oakwood High School, in Dayton, Ohio. I always referred to them by their last name, and Mam or Sir. Later on in life I was in a position to see one of my old teachers regularly, where I ate lunch. He was always Mr. Eikenberry. He would tell me, "Call me Al."
"I can't, you will always be Mr.Eikenberry to me." And, he was.

I had a great deal of respect for Doctors, Lawyers, and even politicians, in those days. Ministers I had a great deal of respect for, especially on Sunday mornings in those black robes. Catholic Priests I was in awe of, because the whole Catholic religion I knew nothing about, it was all very mysterious. I thought it was neat to wear something around your neck, and to cross yourself, and the kneeling in church was something we did not do in our United Brethren Church. Nuns I knew nothing about, they were a mystery to me, but I had a great deal of respect for them.

Some of those Sunday Morning Evangelists I listened to, Rex Humbard, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swagert, even old Legoy Jenkins. Then I learned how much money they were making, and questioned their intentions. I don't question them anymore, or the new breed, I know their intentions.

I respected Police Officers and the law, speed limits and warning signs.

Now, after living all these years, and outliving most of them, it takes a great deal of thought to come with someone I really do respect. Let me think about it, I'm sure there must be someone.

Nurses, school teachers, not all of them, but most of them. School teachers that are dedicated, conscientious and caring and genuinely, sincerely interested in their pupils are to be respected. Most are underpaid. Most of my old teachers adhered to the theory that if "The student hasn't learned, the teachers hasn't taught." All who live by that have my respect.

The rest of the small list needs to be thought about.