Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, January 7, 2013

Alabama all the way

I just got an email from a friend asking my opinion of tonight's Championship Game. I don't know how many people around the world are even concerned, but to answer his request I will give my opinion.

First, I have always been a Notre Dame fan, UNTIL, they haired their unprincipled new coach of a few years. He's the one who WALKED OUT on his team at Cincinnati right before their bowl appearance. This recent flurry of bowl games had many "assistant coaches" running the show, as the head coach left for another job. May do a count, but many coaches left their teams. I forget which game, but I admired the coach who insisted he stay on coaching till the end of the bowl game. Hats off to him.

Secondly, I personally don't think ND was number one in the country, anyway. I was never impressed with them in the games I saw. One game they stole. I am also somewhat under the impression that TV has a hand in determining the BIG games. ND and Alabama is a great draw. I predicted them when the season was half over. Not by the quality of any teams or coaches, but the game that might bring in the most advertising revenue.

The experts on TV, and there are sooooooo many of them on are predicting a close game. If it is close, through the half, and the third quarter, then we will all know it is rigged for TV. "Keep all those viewers glued to their sets, at least till the fourth quarter, then, you guys go ahead and play." That is just my aged opinion.

So, one of two scenarios. I think Alabama is a much better team and may, if allowed, run away with the game. If the "financial" pressure is applied, a close game till the half, and the game will be played in the second half.

This is just one old opinion .................