Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Parking lot observations ..........

I just spent an hour in a Meijers Parking Lot waiting for my wife. Seems like I spend quite a bit of time doing that. But, I am a people watcher" so I do enjoy the time.

Observations today. There are a lot of pick-up trucks. Two-door, four-door, some are real "good old boy" trucks. Many people get a truck and then put a cover over the back. All types drive pickups, male, female, young and old. One young lady was drinking a Coke, smoking and talking on her cell phone. She had a big four-door, king cab with gigantic wheels, covered in mud.

I saw fewer people today talking on their cell phones. One woman was texting, but only when she got out of her Blazer.

Older people like older BIG cars. Old women seem to prefer BIGGER cars. Many older women drive Caddies and Lincolns, one had a Mercedes, all newer cars, all alone, probably life insurance money got them their new expensive cars. None looked sad.

A lot of bald old men have beards. Why can their beard grow and not their hair?

Drivers of pickup trucks are less likely to put their shopping carts in those stalls when they are done. They leave them where their truck was parked. Not all of them, but many  of them.

Some of the more "obese" shoppers seemed to purchase the most soft drinks. One lady had four cases of Pepsi, and she was quite overweight, to say the least.

Older, widowers, and I am speculating on this, they were alone and seemed alone, walk slower through the parking lot than couples. One older man got out of his car, a big Mercury, walked about twenty yards toward the store, stopped, took off his coat, (it was a nice warm day), took it back to his car, and thought about it for a few minutes, then walked into the store.

Some pickup drivers like to back into the parking spaces. One backed into a space where there was no car behind him, he could have driven through and parked that way. And, I might add, he parked dead center in the spot. I was never that good backing in.

One last observation. Large breasted women purchase a lot of soda pop of all kinds, mostly the regular stuff, not the diet.

One more, I can only wait for an hour, then I have to go in the store. I am doing better, after almost 50 years of marriage and waiting  I am getting better at keeping my mouth shut. If I wasn't sitting in the parking lot I would be sitting here, watching TV, and tapping away on this computer. I have accepted that. At my age, doing anything is better than the alternative.