Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gampa, I farted!

"Gampa, I farted."

Yes, that is what our little almost three year old precious Miss Brooklyn announced to all in the room I guess she had, no one was aware of it, but she was proud. Now, I don't understand most of her words, after repeating a few times, and some additional questions asked, I understand her.

But, the "Gampa, I farted," came out as loudly and as clear as a bell.

That word has never been used by me, too much. I think it was the way I was brought up, that word was not used too often. It is normal for humans to pass flatus per rectum, although the amount and the frequency may vary greatly between individuals. My Dad was a Doctor, so it was looked upon as being a natural occurrence.

Personally, I never liked the word and all that was associated with it.

Recently, while shopping, Miss Brooklyn had to make a "potty stop." While sitting in the stall on the commode, like a "big girl," she loudly announced to her Mother, and all in listening distance, "Mommy, she farted," referring to the lady in the next stall. As they both left their stalls, the lady admitted to Miss Brooklyn, "Yes, I did."

Now, thanks to Miss Brooklyn, I proudly announce it to my wife, when it happens, "Honey, I farted!"

I admit this  is not a god Christmas topic, but with all the political rhetoric going around, I thought that gas was an appropriate topic. Yes, that precious little girl pictured above is Miss Brooklyn.