Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve, 2012. Dinner is simmering, tonight we decided on sauerkraut with the nicest, tastiest wieners I have ever had. During cooking they grow to humungus proportions and they are delicious. I load the kraut with apples and Caraway seeds. Throw some potatoes in for the last half hour. A great dinner for the festive evening.

No traditional activities tonight, just sit and stare at the TV, but the mind constantly wonders to Christmas Eves past, friends no longer with us, and friends and relatives living far away. It is one of those nights for memories, they can't be helped.

I will end my prayer tonight with a "Happy Birthday," and probably, sometime before going to bed, out of habit, go out on the porch and look skyward, still hoping to get a glimpse of the sleigh. I decided I never wanted to be convinced, that's the boy in me.

Thankful tonight, oh yes, the good Lord has seen fit to let me live another year. I thank him for that. I have to think of all those still without home from Sandy, and all those poor souls who lost their children at .Sandy Hook, I cannot imagine the agony those poor people are going through tonight. Yes, I have much to be thankful for this Christmas Eve, 2012.

Merry Christmas to ALL.................