Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, December 17, 2012

Times have changed ..............

I took my wife to work this morning, and as we pulled in to her street, a woman was walking in the opposite direction. Since it is a dead end street, she was most likely coming from where my wife works.

After I dropped my wife off, I was headed back the way we had come, and there was that woman, still walking. There were quite a few miles ahead of her, to anywhere she might want to go. I really wanted to stop and offer her a ride, but I could not do it, too many thoughts were running through my mind.

First, why was she walking. If she was having car trouble she would have used the phone at work. So, probably, someone did not pick her up after work. I have been going down that road for a number of years now, and never saw anyone walking where she was, so that concerned me.

Maybe someone was seen trying to pick up people in the area and she was a "plant." I was concerned, so my better judgement prevailed, I drove by her. For all I know, she is still walking, somewhere. I will never know why, and, it was really none of my business anyway. Chivalry is dead.

When did it all change, that we are concerned and afraid to help others?