Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Toast to Miss Emma Jane Dilts ... my Great Granddaughter

WOW, Miss Emma Jane was born just about 24 hours ago, in Newark, Ohio. Her birth gives cause to think about what the future holds for Miss Emma.

I know what all has transpired during my lifetime, I  have seen the inventor of the airplane, Orville Wright, and seen a man walk on the moon. Think of the evolution of electronics that I have seen, I used to listen to WLW radio from Cincinnati, Ohio on a "catwhisker" crystal radio. We had a small screen black and white TV which received the two stations that were broadcasting, with just an outside antenna.

I have experienced the evolution of printing. From hand set type to offset printing, now to the computer generated printing, which I must admit, I know little to nothing about. All that I know about printing is obsolete.I did see an ad on TV this morning for a company in Columbus, Ohio that is surviving by doing "old fashioned" printing. I congratulate her. I had the idea to do that once.

I remember model A and model T Fords on the highway.

Tomorrow, December 7, I remember so vividly where I was in 1941, when Pearl Harbor was attacked, and I remember the end of the war in Europe and Japan, then Korea, Viet Nam and Desert Storm, and our present conflict. I, and my family, have participated in most of them.

I have lived under 14 presidents.

I hope and pray that Emma lives a long, prosperous and healthy life, and can reflect on her 80 years in 2092.