Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, December 16, 2010

Phone Call to China

I realize that we owe China a lot of money, but, how do you go about borrowing, say a Trillion. Who do you call, how about collateral, which bank, lots of questions? I can just imagine ......................

Hello, First Bank of Chunking, President Obama of the United States here, I want to inquire about borrowing some money, who would I speak with. Mr. Chang, Thanks.

Hello, Chang, Barack Obama here, what, yes, the President of the United States.

Well, you probably have heard, I have been spending a lot of taxpayer money lately, on different programs and things, and well, with the war going on and all, we find ourselves a little short on cash this month. Our payments are adding up, you know, the war, social security, medicare, and well, to be honest, I owe some gas money on my airplane.

I know I use it a lot, wouldn't you, it's one hell of a trip riding around in that thing, everybody calls me Captain and Sir, hell Chang, you'd use it a lot too.

Anyway, back to that loan. I'm thinking maybe a Trillion would hold us over for a while.

What. Collateral?

You want the Grand Canyon and Yosemite. No, not Bryce, that's a Mormon thing and I don't want to stir them up.

Hey, you've already got California and look at the mess you're making out there. Hey, he was only the Terminator in the movies, that was all make believe. Ok, if you say so, just like World War Two.

What, no, I'm good to win the next election, I've got them snowed. What, ah, snowed, buffaloed, bamboozled, under my thumb, so to speak.

You might be right on that, but that's politics, tell them one thing, do another, play both sides against the middle, hell, they elected me and I'm not even a citizen, how dumb is that?

Anyway, about the Trillion, are we good on that. OK, you've got the Grand Canyon and Yosemite, plus all the other stuff you own, we don't have much left, do we. Yeah, we may be a little slow paying. We're working on a deal with Brazil, may sell them Alaska, what, who, when, you already have that. That shoots that loan in the butt.

Hey, well, thanks Chang, Ohio, no, that's not right, Sayonora, yeah, I know, you already own Ohio.