Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, December 9, 2010

How modest can one guy be?

Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says he would "dominate" college football if he played in a spread offense.
Pryor made the comments to the Chicago Tribune when asked about the attention given to players like Auburn's Cam Newton and Michigan's Denard Robinson.

"I'd dominate the nation (in a spread offense)," Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says. "I'll put it like this: You put me in any of their offenses — any of them — and I'd dominate," the junior told the newspaper. "I'd dominate the nation. What those guys do, that's what they're supposed to do in their offense.

"They carry the ball 30 times a game. I carry the ball maybe five times. There are times I didn't even run the ball in a game. You put me in any of their offenses, where I can run the ball and have a choice to throw, I would dominate college football."

Pryor, who entered Ohio State amid much hype in 2008, was not named to the first or second team of either of the All-Big Ten teams (one selected by coaches, one by the media). But he is a finalist for the Tribune Silver Football, awarded annually to the Big Ten's best player.

"We could have done better, but I'm 30-4," Pryor said of his time with Ohio State. "I want nothing else but to win. If I was having a lot of stats and I was losing, I would really be kind of mad. My competitive nature wants just to win, by any means. By any means, win. That's all I really care about, to tell you the truth, man."

Then, WHY did he choose Ohio State, he must not be too bright, arrogant, but not too bright. Why not choose a school where the spread offense is used. I'd say some "sour grapes" are contained in that statement, he has been "overlooked" in a lot of categories, what movie was that in, "I cudda been a contender." How about, "They made me come here, I wanted to go to a school with the old "spread offense," but they promised me so much, I just hadda come here."

Must make old coach Tress and his little sweater vest wonder if he will be back next year. My guess is he was promised a Heisman if he came to OSU, Archie probably told him that. He likes to blow his own horn, maybe go into politics, transfer to another school, or turn pro. "I cudda been a contender."

Early part of the season a lot of talk about his being in the running for the Heisman, have heard none since the loss to Wisconsin, must have really been ego deflating for him, and he apparently has a larger ego than I thought.