Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, December 29, 2010

GPS - Getting People Screwed-up

We have a GPS, a Tom Tom, have had it for a year or so.

First, let say, it eventually gets us to our destination, but there are a number of times during that trip that I disagree with the GPS, call it really bad names, get it to a LOT of arguments with my wife, call HER, the GPS lady a lot of nasty names, and feel really foolish yelling at that little screen.

Sunday, we were going to Mt. Vernon, Ohio, Apple Valley to be exact for dinner.

GO so many feet and turn left. I knew that was right. Then a few more commands from the lady and I knew she was on the right track. Then in a couple of miles, Turn Right. I had been to Mt. Vernon many times and I knew I didn't want to turn right. A few choice words about the GPS and I went straight.

I think that she wanted to get us to Mt. Vernon, her way, I wanted to get there my way. Well, we got to Mt. Vernon and then she seemed to know how to get to our destination from there.

Go straight for six point one miles. I did. Turn left. I did. Turn left. I did. You are now at your destination. I turned too soon and ended up in their neighbors driveway, turned around and went back, turned up the right driveway and we were there. She was right and got us there, but I did a lot of yelling at her.

We did not plug it in on the way back home.