Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, January 24, 2015

SMI - 1/24/15

Went to OSU yesterday, for a visit with Kidney Stone expert Doctor Knudsen. Result, I go back in two weeks for an Ultrasound and another visit that is done. Had a real shock yesterday, one consideration concerning what can be done ...... my age .... first time I had heard that, TOO OLD for .

The Renal Ultrasound will be performed in the Stephanie Spielman Center. She was the wife of Chris Spielman, OSU football great, who I have seen play, also played in the pros, and her fight with Breast Cancer was followed by many. I'm sure I will enter her building experiencing some emotions.

I have .... almost .... decided to leave my body to the OSU Medical school. I have had so many surgeries, Appendectomy, Vagotomy, Kidney Stones (3), Cyst in Colon, Triple Bi Pass, more Kidney Stones and Laproscopic Surgery for a Hernia, actually he did 16 holes, rather than the one he was going to do. The hospital got rid of him. I am thinking of getting a tattoo listing all of the above so some student does not miss anything, and knows my medical history.

The first Doctor I saw yesterday, not sure of his name, in doing some research of the staff, the only one from Illinois, which he mentioned to me was a Doctor Chad Gridley, so it may have been him. Anyway, he was wearing a similar pair of shoes. I rarely am attracted to a mans shoes, but these, I thought, were stunning. If I were younger, and, wore something other than $5 tennis shoes from Walmart, would definitely have a pair of these. On second thought, I would have to shop around at other places, these were a bit on the pricey side, real quality, but a bit much for my price range. I think, a tap on the shoe will link you to their site.


GREAT NEWS RECEIVED THIS MORNING - Hi, Unc. Thanks for update....what a long process but they must run their tests! Hang in there!(referring to my Kidney Stones)
Kyle is recovering well from the lumpectomy on Thursday and will get biopsy results and her customized therapy plan next week. She will have radiation for sure, but perhaps no chemo... to be determined... but her spirits are good and hopefully she will finish with an “all clear” in a few months. Love, - Janie

Kyle is my Niece, one the youngest of my brothers three children. She and her sister Jane and her daughter Becca came down for our 50th. first I had seen her in many years, and had never seen her daughter. She is raising two great children. That damnable Cancer

I have been remiss in posting more, but personal health issues combined with major concerns about the health of my wife has taken precedence over everything else. Every waking hour I am concerned about her, Survival and taking the steps necessary for survival dominate our days, and we are probably in much better shape than many are. I have had, in the past, a number of conversations with my Dad about .... Quality versus Quantity .... of life. As a physician, I think he often weighed that dilemma, in his day of practicing medicine, it was much more often in the hands of the physician than it is today. I think today it is Quantity, at all costs.