Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Me and Uric Acid

I really don't know a lot about Uric Acid, and I don't know what a Uric is, but, it has ruled my life in many ways.

In '60 or '61, I was working in Elko, Nevada, two jobs, the Ranch Inn and the famous Stockman's Hotel. My ankles started hurting, worse, worse and worse. I was immobile, could not move. Went to the local, well, the one and only one, then, hospital, after a few hours they determined I had .... The Gout. Probably the most painful of all ailments. Uric Acid.

Then, many years later, Kidney Stones, three hospital visits, the last, they laid me open and rebuilt that system, six hours on the table. The stones were Uric Acid.

And Now, 2015, they found a Kidney Stone on my left side, they put in Stents. Then, a week later, they found another Kidney Stone on the right side, and put in more Stents.

All due to too much Uric Acid. We will know on the 23rd of January what they intend to do, at the OSU hospital in Columbus, Ohio.

All, thanks to Uric Acid, and, perhaps other ailments I am not aware of. Perhaps, that Cyst in my Colon was also the result of ...... Uric Acid.

Uric acid is a heterocyclic compound of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen with the formula C5H4N4O3. It forms ions and salts known as urates and acid urates, such as ammonium acid urate. Uric acid is a product of the metabolic breakdown of purine nucleotides. High blood concentrations of uric acid can lead to gout. The chemical is associated with other medical conditions including diabetes and the formation of ammonium acid urate kidney stones.

I can relate to all of that, yes I can.