Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, December 7, 2014

SUNDAY MORNING - 12/7/14

If I did a transposition of the 1 and the 4 this morning, it would come out as 41. As I have stated many times, a day I have never forgotten.

I was nine years old then, but some images of that day are etched in my mind.

I am no longer a fan of Ohio State, but last night they displayed talent, coaching and a team, that, in my opinion, right now, is as good or better than any other team in the country. They could have played their 5th string QB and won the game. It was the only "total domination" team I have seen play this year, or for many years. I think they are deserving of being in the Championship Game, coached by a coach who should be the Coach of the Year.

I still do not care for Coach Urban, as did many of the OSU fans when they did not like him coaching in Florida, he stole athletes, was not liked at all .... till now. I still would rather see a game on a Saturday, like it use to be. Sports, collegiate sports, no, sports at any level, has taken on an importance beyond description. It has been nurtured by TV, advertising and merchandise sales, an importance beyond anything realistic. I much prefer watching the "ladies" participate, they are skilled, they play the game well, win lose or draw, they shake hands and go home, that is as it should be. When the football coach makes more than the school President, something is wrong.

I must interject here, I was relating to my wife, about my experience, being in Indiana, the war, Japan, that "day" ..... and, she calmly arose from the couch and walked to the kitchen for more coffee. I get that a lot.

The world looks a little better this morning, my wife seems better, no Afib at this time, no family issues .... my Kidney Stone is of concern, see the MD on Tuesday, concern there, not about what they may do, but whether I can endure it at my age. Hopefully, all may go well. I am considering, at this moment, heading to Great Clips to get a haircut, my hair is long and out of control.

Going to fix some Cinnamon toast on home made bread made by Jane Alexander who brought it by the other evening. Good friends are hard to find ..........