Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, December 8, 2014

Blub, glub, glerp ......

Are we building bridges for future generations? I remember the story of the old man who was building a bridge, not for himself, but for some young man who might follow. Let's face it, "we ain't no bridge builders," if anything, we destroy the bridges that are already in place, and leave devastation for those in future generations to clean up and rebuild.

We have left the devastation of war, economic devastation, political devastation, perhaps global devastation, not often have we left it a "better place."

Racial unrest, probably been going on since the world began. I am still somewhat in awe of the fact that on a daily basis, blacks kill blacks, with no concern, but riots follow a white killing a black. Where are the Black leaders who should want to see improvement, accomplishments, successes, they are out inciting riots.

Toys for Tots at Christmas. Our local TV just showed a picture of their studio, wall to wall toys ... for kids, everyone collects toys for kids. Walmart has boxes where you can purchase a toy and place it in one of their boxes .... for the kids. I have often wondered though ..... well .... perhaps a hungry child feels better ..... with a new toy. My guess would be that Toys R Us and Walmart are the biggest winners in the Toys for Tots war.

This is the season to give, donate, donate and give .... tis the giving season, so get them to give, donate.

Cynical, I guess I am, old and crotchety, yeah, right, I used to love the season, now, I am so much happier when it is all over, and a year away.

My wife is in Afib much of the time, I have a BIG Kidney Stone, a hole in my back where they placed a shunt .... not sure how they are going to get rid of it, they seem more concerned about the needed anesthetic than the removal process itself. This season seems to bring out the worst of my health problems. I had my triple bi-pass right before Christmas a few years ago, one year my ulcers kicked up, spend a number of them in the hospital.

I guess I should not complain, I got my Big Teddy Bear .... bi-pass protection, still have him sitting in Grandma's Little Rocking Chair.