Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Only took a few hours .... should have taken one.....old age

Took the wife to Columbus today, Riverside Hospital, for a checkup on something they removed a few years ago. I have been there many times, been to Columbus many, many times, years ago. We have a nice GPS, which we didn't take because I knew where it was, and, as Marilyn said, she doesn't  like to have it in the car because I yell, scream, and cuss, at her, her being the GPS. Took us a few hours to get there, instead of 45 minutes.

Old age is "hell" the mind does not work right, it naps, at times, looses all sense of reason and just shuts down. We went over the same terrain many times, missed my target by almost 15 miles. I asked directions, four times, called on her cell phone and got directions from the hospital, and we finally made it, a couple of hours late. It has been 3 or 4 years since I was there last, so things have changed drastically. I also forgot a bit about the GREEN parking garage, made a number of laps on level TWO before I realized how to get to the next level, ended up on Level 5.

She had her procedure, all went well, got the car out of the FIVE LEVEL garage, had to weave around and pick her up at one particular entrance. Made ONE wrong turn but got there. With a minimum amount of problems, we found the way home, not the way we went, but we made it home.

After her procedure was done, she was napping, so I went down the hall for a coffee and doughnut. Sat in a nice lounge area, about 15 people. I was the ONLY ONE who did not have a phone or a laptop. Everyone was walking around, hand extended, looking at their phone. EVERYONE walking around has a cell phone. How do they see to walk when they are looking at their phone?

I want to get one of those little "pull things" many of them have. A laptop in a briefcase, maybe a cardboard box, but so many of those little "pull pull things." I want one, not sure what I will be pulling, but I want one.

Remember when salesmen wore suits, no more, some were in bluejeans and flip flops, with computer and a telephone close by. There were a few "suits" but not many.

I have been going to that hospital, Riverside, in Columbus, Ohio, off and on now for probably 30 years, and the remodeling is still going on. It is a great hospital, had my bi-pass there, nothing but GOOD to say about the place, and the staff is extremely cooperative, polite and they bend over backwards to be of service. If you ask someone how to get ... they don't tell you, they take you.

Any problems today, were of MY own choosing, old age ...... I don't "merge" as well as I used to.