Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, November 1, 2009

Clocks .... that time of year, again ...

Why can't all clocks be like my computer, it automatically moves back or forward.

I think, along with Income Tax Day, this is one of the worst, setting the clocks. First I have to remember is it Fall back and Spring forward or Spring back and Fall forward.

Once you get that settled, then you have to start doing it. It used to be simple, you moved the hour hand back or forward. Digital is not that easy, and some of them are so small they are not easy to work with. One really small one that I have in the living room, that my son gave me, a "keepsake," never gets changed. The date is generally right, but the time, you are never sure. As some great thinker once said, "When you have one watch you always know what time it is. When you have two, you are never sure."

We have two clock radios, the microwave, the coffee pot, three assorted clocks around the house, and the worst of all, two cars.

Clock setting time is out of my memory span time frame. I can never remember how to set the clocks in the cars. They will probably stay wrong until I am sitting alone in the car, while my wife does some errand. Then I will take the time get the book out, find that page, and set the clock back.

I remember years ago, about this time of year, time to take the screens out and put in the storm windows. Now, that is not that much of a chore. Actually, here at the apartment, we do nothing, I like that.

I remember years ago, an author wrote a book called, "There is a Fly in the Room!" That triggered a whole series of events, putting screens in, getting ready for Spring and Summer, and everything that it signified and went with it.

Now it is "Fall Back" and "Spring Forward."