Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, September 6, 2009

OSU - Navy


I had not been to an Ohio State football game for a number of years, till yesterday.

Near the stadium, where some of the crowd gathered, reminds you of a war zone. Every branch of police is there, all types of security, police dogs, police on horses, riot squads and various types of military vehicles.

They had 105 thousand plus at the game, many more outside the stadium, tailgating and watching the game on TV, and I don't know how many policemen. Football Saturday afternoon in Columbus, Ohio.

It was a patriotic day. They played Navy. They payed tribute to all service people, everywhere. The two teams entered the field, together, so that the crowd roar was the same for both teams. I doubt that has ever been done before. They may have started a tradition that will follow all of the Service Academy's. A salute for those who have served as well as the Academy players, who will serve.

I am a Korean Veteran. To be on the safe side, I wore an Ohio State shirt, with my son's USS ELROD hat. I had a number of people thank me for my service, and one naval officer gave me a half wave, half salute. I have never played the veteran card before, but I did feel like a veteran, yesterday. I think I am going to buy a Korean War Veteran hat and start wearing that.

Navy did not return the favor, they almost upset the Buckeyes.