Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

9/11 will never be forgotten, it is in our vocabulary. 12/7 is not remembered, but December Seventh is. If someone mentioned September eleven, might take some time to realize what happened on that day, but nine/eleven, vivid memory. Not sure if I remember the year.

I don't remember who made the comment, but I remember shortly after 2000 arrived, someone made the comment, "This will be the age of terrorism." How right he was. I don't think our lives have ever been the same since that day. So many things changed.

I felt too, that the Bush administration, whether you liked them or not, agreed or disagreed with their policy, were waging a war against terrorism. I think we all slept better.

With the change in administration, and many questions that arose, I am much more concerned.

I receive Emails from both the Democratic and the Republican parties. I have some questions about some of the policies we are seeing put in to effect. I personally don't feel as comfortable voicing opinions here, as I did a year ago.

For the first time, even though this is not a loud voice, and certainly does not have a tremendous readership, I am concerned about it being read by the "wrong" people. I have never felt that emotion, concern about my opinions, before.

I am reluctant to make "unpopular" comments or observations, because I am not sure what all is happening in this country anymore. I am more inclined to stay in the shadows.

Maybe it is my advanced age, but I am not as "comfortable" as I used to be. I don't feel as "protected" as I once was.

Today concerns me, as FDR said about December 7, 1941, “A Date Which Will Live in Infamy." Little did he know or could he foresee, and we have not seen the last of it.

Hopefully, nothing will happen today to "celebrate" the event.