Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, September 23, 2009

OK, I am old, and I just woke up .......

I got an Email today, from Jim Madison, in Oklahoma. Who is Jim Madison, you say? Well, the Madison family is well known in Newark, Ohio. I knew his Dad, his Mom and his sisters.

I first met Jim, back in the late 60's, when I had the Draft House, not sure what happened, but he attached himself to the place, and to my family, and has been there ever since. He is like a son, to Marilyn and I, and a brother to Melissa and Brad.

We lost him for a number of years, he was doing a "walkabout," as Dundee would say, and then, we found him again in Oklahoma, and have kept in touch via Email, since then.

Well, I got an email from him this morning, and he mentioned that September 30, which is my birthday, is approaching. I immediately thought to myself, "A little early, but nice."

I decided to reply to his Email, but before doing so, moved my mouse pointer down to the lower right on my computer, to see what the date actually was. I was shocked to learn that today, was September 23, 2009. In the deep recesses of my mind, I had my birthday as coming up NEXT month. What we see and know, does not always register with the conscious mind. In retirement, day and date don't hold a lot of meaning, just days, so I don't forget to watch certain games on TV.

I have been known to put up a website, imploring people to send birthday cards, gifts, money for my birthday. Even put my Pay Pal address to make it easy to send money. It has always been futile, but good for laughs in the family. In my mind, I have been thinking about doing that, soon. But, now, I find out, it is only a week away and I won't have time to get it done and known to all, as I have in the past.

One really good thing came out of all of this. I thought I was already 77, but all of this discussion made me aware of the fact that I am only 76, and will be 77, not next month, as I thought, but next week. This is worse than setting the clock back or up and hour, this is years and months.

The bad news, for the family here, they weren't going to do anything next week, let it slide a month, and then let me know it was November, and let the whole thing slide by till next year.

Jim, in answer to your question, my address is 1002 Village Green Court, Newark, OH, 43055. My Pay Pal account is dooleysdiner@yahoo.com. I hope that answers all your questions ... Jim, thanks for the birthday wishes.