Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, September 29, 2009

hi5 VIRUS - BEWARE -VICIOUS .....

This is a copy of an EMail I got off of the internet ..... this has happened to me .... I did nothing but open the EMail from my daughter, inviting me .... it somehow got all my EMail addresses and started sending out EMails on ALL my addresses .... I DID NOTHING BUT OPEN, SO BE CAREFUL...........................

In the past few weeks, I have received a few messages from people thatI know, asking me to join their "network of friends" on such sites asRingo, Hi5 and Bebo. From what I understand, these sites offer you to hold your address book for you.

The idea is that each member keeps his own contact info up to date, effectively keeping your own address bookup to date.I also saw one such invitation (for Ringo) sent to a mailing list (andthe sender getting flamed for it shortly afterwards)In one case, out of curiosity, I clicked on the link provided (it wasfrom hi5).

The several-step form asked me for personal informationthat I did not want to provide, including the *password* for theHotmail address I had provided !The reason why hi5 wanted my Hotmail password was to "automaticallyimport my entire Hotmail address book to my hi5 account.

"That's where my curiosity reached its limit: I did not go any further.The person who initially sent me that invitation later told me that he had received the same invitation himself, had joined the hi5 network, and that hi5 then sent invitations to his entire address book without him even realizing it.

I then thought that the guy who sent the Ringo invitation to themailing list perhaps sent it unvoluntarily as well. What I'm getting at is, if these invitations "to join the network"really are sent without the members' consent (or knowledge), they share a lot of similarities with email-bornes viruses.

They would be viruses without a malicious payload (except for the flames you getfrom spamming your entire address book, and the fact that you hand out your Hotmail/Yahoo email password to a third party website).

This would then be like a virus that doesn't even require you to write a line of code: all you need is to invite a few people to "join thenetwork", and let the website do the rest.

THIS THING IS VICIOUS .... IT HAPPENED TO ME .... BEWARE ... hi5