Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have to be honest ..................

I've been thinking about it, and well, I have decided, just don't wish me a Happy Thanksgiving .... I appreciate the good wishes and the sentiments and all, but I have to be honest, I really haven't had a really happy Thanksgiving since the kids left home.

Ok, some in Reno were great.

Ok, one, spent at the Would with Debra and all, Brad was there, and we all got together for that. That was great, even though they made me work as a hat check girl and I wasn't allowed to take tips, but it was a great day.

Ok, and the one spent at the Coaster, that was great with Dean and his family.

But to be honest, I miss waking up Melissa and Brad, making them sit and watch the Macy's Parade, and making them enjoy it. I miss putting the turkey on low the night before and waking up with the aroma of turkey in the air. I miss breaking up all that bread for the dressing. No, I guess I will be doing that tomorrow. No, I will cheat a little and buy the stuff already broken up and seasoned.

I miss making them watch the Lions football game, Brad finally got to liking it, Melissa never did. And, those leftovers, cold Turkey, my favorite. I cannot make dressing anymore the way it used to be.

Jim Madison loved my dressing. Onions, butter, celery and rich Turkey broth. I think it was that I made it in Mom's old roaster that made it good. Dean has that now, but I think he lost the lid. Many a turkey was cooked in that old blue roaster. It had a rounded bottom and a rounded lid. Have never seen one like it. I had straight sides, rounded bottom and lid.  It was probably a hundred years old back then, had belonged to her Mom and maybe even a generation before that. I think that old blue roaster was the secret to the whole meal.

Ok, this year we will have Brooklyn Jean Dilts with us, our Great Granddaughter, her first Thanksgiving, so that will make this one special.

So, I guess there have been some special ones since then.

I was just thinking back to where all I have spent the day.

Dayton, Ohio, San Diego, California, Seattle, Washington, one at sea on the old Mitchell TAP114, San Bruno, California, Reno, Nevada, Klamath Falls, Oregon, Newark, Ohio, East Hanover, New Jersey, Highland, New York and Newark, Ohio. I think that's all.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to ALL ...................