Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Four Little Words

I suppose that everyday, little things happen that mean so much to someone. There is a whole series of TV ads about someone doing something nice, someone sees it and they in turn do something, and so on.

I have been on the Email list of Janet Paschal for many years. She is one of the leading and most popular gospel singers in the country today. She is a regular at the Gaither Gospel concerts.

She sends out periodic Emails. I have responded to a few of them, and in a case or two, she answered my Emails, which made me feel great, to think that someone so busy, would take the time to answer me.

She went through breast cancer, and she kept us all apprised of her progress. I related to that because my wife had gone through the same thing.

Today, she wrote a nice newsletter about an incident in her childhood. I replied to it:

Beautifully written, we shared childhoods for a moment, thanks for taking me back there with you .......... Joe Dooley

She replied:

My pleasure, sir.

Janet

That didn't take her long, just four little words, but Janet Paschal, took a brief moment, to write to me, and in doing so, well, for one thing, brought some tears to my eyes, but she lifted my spirits, and made me feel great.

I wanted to share this.