Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another milestone reached

My wife, Marilyn, and I have reached another milestone in our married life.

In the last three days, which include fixing Thanksgiving dinner for our group, Black Friday, and Small Business Saturday, we have had to use the "channel locks" five times to get the caps off of an assortment of containers. The latest, a one gallon milk carton.

She tried out in the kitchen, she needed the milk for her coffee, she even tried that little "green" square thing that is smooth on one side and rough on the other, I think a Savings Bank was handing them out at some function, many years ago. It has come in handy over the years, but it didn't work on the milk carton.

I had to pull out the "heavy" equipment, the old blue handled channel locks. You have to be careful with the milk carton though, can't squeeze too hard.

Today, before football, going to finish cleaning up from Thanksgiving.

How about that game last night. I watched Oregon, they are impressive and exciting to watch, just not a lot of time between plays to go anywhere. Saw the start of the Nevada game. Being in Reno, even if on TV, brought back many memories. I lived right across the street from the campus many years ago, it was a small school then. I felt they were going to win from the start. National TV, opponent top rated, everything was ripe for an upset, so I turned the TV off and went to sleep. Missed most of the game, but I knew the outcome anyway. Made Dr. Gee look good.

Another milestone reached, but, I did tie my shoelaces today with a minimum of stomach discomfort, I may be losing some weight.