Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, October 16, 2010

Letter to the Editor

From: Justin O. Smith

Dear Sir:

My dreams are now shattered, let me explain. All my life I have dreamed of owning a heavy truck repair business in Downtown Newark, on the square, and the Newark City Council has bashed those dreams on the rocks of city government.

Twenty years ago I started saving money for this venture. Estimates were that it would cost approximately four million dollars to open such a garage, and I started saving. I shook my drug habit, cut down on eating and did away with many of the necessities of life to see this dream come true. I could just picture my garage taking up most of the South side of the square, with all the easy access for those big 18 wheelers to stop by. Trucks from Route 16 and 79, the big boys stopping in off of Route 70, driving all the way over from 71, an ideal location.

I talked with some who thought Route 70 or a similar location would be better, but I always got the same answer when I asked why, "Traffic." I told them, "You've never seen that Square at night."

Now, NO HEAVY TRUCK REPAIR, thanks to City Council, my dreams are shattered.

I am considering taking the money I have saved and contacting the owner of that Arcade building, where ever it is, and opening a brothel. I understand it has many rooms in it, so it seems adequate, and I guess it is on council's list of acceptable businesses for the downtown area.

I have been in touch with Joe Conforte in Brazil and gotten some ideas from him, he wants me to call it "The Mustang Building." Catchy name.

Justin O. Smith