Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Are we great, or what?

EZ Smoker and Bottled Water, two great inventions.

Bottled water, who first thought of that. Can you imagine him telling his wife, years ago, "Honey, I'm going to start selling water in bottles."

"Yeah, right!"

"No, seriously, I'm going to sell water in plastic bottles, I think it will be BIG."

"Yeah, right!"

"Hey, Honey, my water is going to sell for more than a Coke."

"Yeah, right, that sure makes sense."

The rest is history, I think I heard that if they lined up those water bottles, end to end, they would go around the earth six times, or something like that.

I think, and this is my opinion only, that they put something in the water, diabolical, something in the water to make people want to get tattoos. I know that sounds far fetched, but think about it. Before people started drinking bottled water, few to no tats, now, many of the water bottles are being carried by tattooed arms. And, I think the new TV thing, where you either had to buy a "box"  or get a new TV, Hi-def, or something like that. I think that had something to do with tats, too. Something had to make everyone go nuts and get tats. "Hi Gramma, show me your tats."

We used to listen to the radio, AM. Then came FM, then HiFi, then stereo, TV, and then color TV. No tats during all that time, but when people started drinking bottled water, Hi-def TV, tats became the rage.

EZ Smoker is something else. A cigarette shaped thing that produces smoke. I quit smoking many years ago, so I can't say, but I just can't imagine, well, smoking that thing that has no odor to it, and produces, well, I don't know what it produces, but it looks like smoke. My guess is it is plastic, heat, batteries, it has to cause something. Time will tell.

I can imagine a guy, going into a nite club, sitting at the bar, ordering a Martini, pulling out his EZ, blowing out something, whatever it is, and some BIG bouncer comes over, tells him to put it out, and he has to try to explain to this "hulk" what it is he is doing.

"The sign says, "NO SMOKING."

"But this is my EZ Smoker."

"What is that coming out of your mouth?"

"EZ Smoke, or steam, or something, THIS is NOT a cigarette."

"Ouch, I didn't think you could put it there."