Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Well, we now have a new 365 days, what to do with them. I have made some resolutions.

I am going to become a millionaire Internet Marketer, like all those other people have done. I don't know how, but I have a year to turn a small amount of time and money into overnight piles of money. It must be easy, from the looks of it on the Internet anyone can do it. A high school student did it, a broke bum did it, a Mom did it. I am 77, it should be a snap for me. And, I have been on the computer for over 20 years. I may buy Tiger's boat if he has to sell it.

I am going to start a daily exercise program. I am on one now. We purchased an exercise bike about a year ago. This Thanksgiving and Christmas, I cooked for the family. So, we had to move the exercise bike out of our dining room, into out bedroom. Faithfully, every night, I move the bike about two feet to the left, to sit in my chair by the bed so I can watch TV, and then, I move it back two feet, so I can get in bed. That has been my exercise routine for a few weeks. I am going to improve on that.

At 77, I have produced a lot of liver spots on my face, I guess from sitting in the sun so much. I have been approached by the LAA (Liver Association of America) to be in a TV commercial promoting liver and all its health benefits. They felt that the association of my liver spots would trigger a subliminal response association and the ads would be more effective. We are negotiating.

Next Winter, we will be living in a warmer climate. I say that every year, but I really mean it this year, 78th time is a charm.

I am going to study the Koran, in Spanish with Chinese subtitles. That should cover most contingencies.

I am going to try to watch TBN more often, and not be frightened by the appearance of some, and not wonder why some just wear t-shirts and jeans, and some wear suits and ties, not contemplate whether screaming gets a point across better than normal speech.

I am going to continue my Early to Bed and Early to Rise so I don't have to watch Leno and Letterman and all of those other late night talents. After seeing them, and if the Internet Millionaire Marketing things does not work out, I know I have enough talent to have a late night TV show.

We have been living in this apartment now for almost 6 years. I originally wanted to keep it much like a motel room. Just enough clothes to get by, and well, keep it like a "model apartment." Well, we both did demos for a few years. We now have three coffee pots, two microwaves, a big one and a little one, three George Foreman Grills, 3 toaster ovens, 3 crock pots, a roaster, aprons hanging everywhere and storage tubs full of napkins, table cloths, samples, etc, and etc.

We had one computer, now we have two, each with printers, and stacks of discs, software boxes, etc., etc.

And, Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary and other assorted gifts, etc., that we have received during this time.

About once a week be shop the Goodwill Store nearby. They are loaded with things we really don't need, but their prices are so low, well, we just have to buy them. I have bought things there, well, I didn't know what it was, but it was cheap, I bought it, and later figured out what it was. We are going to cut out shopping at Goodwill this year.

So, this year, I am going to select one week a month, to work on a room. In seven months, this place will be looking like a motel room again. All the junk will be thrown out, all the stuff we don't need or use will be gone, clothes I don't wear taken to Goodwill. They will be getting back a lot of stuff we bought there.

So in seven months, I will be well on my way to financial independence, just like that newspaper boy did that had that closet full of money he made on the Internet, it must be so easy to do. The apartment will be spotless, all the junk removed, and we can start looking in Florida or Arizona or California for our new place to live.

2010, what a year this will be.