Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning 2009

Without kids excitedly running around, dogs barking, paper being ripped as presents are opened, about the only thing today is one channel, I think Chicago, is showing a Yule Log fire on their screen, while playing Christmas Carols. Now, that takes me back.

I get through the season pretty well, I just don't think about "how it was." I say my quiet "happy birthday" and let the rest of the world go by.

Caleb, our dog, is like a kid, we got him a number of toys yesterday, he dug them out of the Walmart sacks, and had them either torn up or not working, before he went to bed. He loves toys that have a whistle in them. He sits and "squeaks" as he is biting into the toy. Anything with a noise he really likes. But he soon has a hole chewed into the toy and it no longer squeaks.

So, Caleb was out "kid" last night.

One good friend and adopted son, Ronnie, stopped by, which was a very pleasant surprise. Sometimes good friends really surprise you.

And the Christmas weather, well, here in Ohio, fairly warm and raining out. I walked my daily bag of trash down to the dumpster, which had a good supply of empty boxes already, mostly toy boxes, and it felt like a Fall morning, not like a snowy Christmas.

But shortly I have to "ambition up."

And, the Pope, gets wrestled to the ground, by a woman, on his way to the alter, walking down the aisle. You are just not safe anyplace, anymore. But it was the same woman, first time she missed, so she kept at it, got him this time. She probably is in the same club with those White House gate crashers. I still think Obama invited them, he had known them for a few years, "Oh come on down to the White House, just walk in, if anything happens, I'll take care of it. How you guys been?"

At 10, the turkey goes in. Cut up the bread for the dressing. Get the bacon in the pot, to get a good rich broth for the green beans. Potatoes to peel, celery and onion and sage to get ready for the dressing, then get the ham in. I hope it fits, going in the little toaster oven, if that doesn't work, then in to one of Jessie Dooley's roasters and into our regular oven.

I'm letting my wife sleep in, she has been plagued with a cold, and she has to work tomorrow, taking "complaints" at Harry and David on the telephone. No orders, no nice calls, just complaints. "It didn't arrive, where is it?" "The fruit was spoiled." "Not what I ordered." None of the calls will be happy calls.

Some football to watch today, while doing the cooking, about 10 guests, not much family left, at least here. Most is back in New York and New Jersey. A shame we are so "global."

New Years, and then we can get back to normal. My resolution, I am going to become one of those Millionaire Internetters, I am going to make money "overnight, while I sleep," going to create a "money machine," my own "ATM," it looks so easy, I know I can do it. I need to, to pay for "our" health care, mine and yours.

The country has spoken, the voice of the people, well, maybe just a few politicians knew what was good for us. Something so universal, something we ALL need, why was the vote divided by political party lines.

My future is now sealed, I am 77 years old, and they want me to die, to cut down health care costs. I hope to continue living, so I apologize to all.

Merry Christmas morning to all .........................