Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Brooklyn was in the house, today!

Brooklyn came over today for a visit, and we got to watch her for a few hours.

For those who don't know, Brooklyn is my new Great Granddaughter, just a couple weeks old. First time I had gotten to hold her. GGrandma had to get something, so I ended up with Brooklyn on my shoulder.

She fussed a little, then kinda layed her tummy on my chest, and went to sleep. The TV was on, but I wasn't really watching anything, I was too aware of this little life laying on my chest.

The communication that went on between us was incredible. My mind floated back to the other babies I had held on my chest, so many years ago, and I couldn't help but think about what lies ahead for this little life I was holding.

Brooklyn emitted a warmth that was, well, no words really come to mind, the only way to explain it, is to experience it. And to do that you have to live for 77 years, have 77 years of emotions and feelings. You have to realize that you have lived many more years than your future holds. You think of all the years of "future" that lie ahead for Brooklyn Jean Dilts.

I was watching some of the news of Haiti, rain and mudslides out West, big rains, political controversies, wars, terrorism, quite a legacy I am leaving for her.

All my cares just stood still while I was sitting there, holding that little life in my arms. Words really can't begin to convey those feelings.

You just have to live 77 years, go through what I have, experience what I have experienced, and then, have a great granddaughter, a precious little bundle with the name of Brooklyn Jean Dilts.

She made my "highlight" reel today. Brooklyn was in the house.