Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, December 12, 2009

I got the job ..... see you guys later

Well, I am no longer a Notre Dame fan, at least not a fan of the new coach.

I wish there was just a little bit of a strain of loyalty that ran through coaches. "Dream come true" crap just doesn't work for me. He can't even stay at Cincinnati, which got him where he is today, long enough to coach "his kids" in a bowl game.

"The best story," Brian Kelly said, "would be I get to coach in the Sugar Bowl. But I'm here at Notre Dame now, and this is where I want to be. This is where I need to get to work immediately. So yeah, the story would be the coach stays with the team and finishes what he started. But in the calendar that we are in in college football, it just can't happen."

Cincinnati never won more games in a season than it did when Kelly coached the team to 11 victories in 2008. It then topped that in the 2009 regular season, a perfect 12-0 that essentially vaulted Kelly into the corner office at Notre Dame's Guglielmino Athletics Complex.


I think Kelly leaving his team them this way says a lot about the man. He is GREEDY. Dreams be damned, loyalty is worth something. If he had half a spine he would have said, "Can't talk till after the bowl game, MY KIDS NEED ME!" But, he didn't, he caved in to his own greed.

I wish him the same success there that Faust had. I hope his record makes Faust's record look good.

I wonder if he would leave his wife and family if his "dream girl" came along.

I hope he ends up having to coach the Cleveland Browns, that is how much I dislike what he did. The man has NO CLASS. I personally think it is a blemish on the record of a fine football program. Faust, now Kelly.

Wouldn't it be nice to see more loyal coaches, who stay with a program for a long time, and coach, because they love working with the kids, and seeing them succeed. Million dollar salaries are killing loyalty in coaches.