Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Strange ............... but true

I have an old Seiko Bell-Matic watch that is rather old. It belonged to my brother-in-law, who has passed away. Not sure where he got it. It quit running about ten years ago. I took it to a jeweler, he said it was too complicated for him, so I put it away in a jewelry box, and it has been nestled there for many years.

Some of you remember my encounter with Sarah Rooselvelt, the mother of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, at Hyde Park, in New York, on a recent visit there.

Two nights ago, I had a dream, very vivid, I think it was a dream, Sarah, for some reason, told me to wear that watch yesterday. She said it would run, but only for sixteen hours. It was a very vivid dream and it was fresh on my mind, so when I woke up, I pulled out that jewelry box, got out the old Seiko Bell-Matic and put it on. I looked at the face of it, and the second hand, was working. I set it, for eight o'clock.

It ran all day. I set the alarm for noon, and it went off, right at twelve. I always liked that watch, and was really pleased that it was working again. It had reminded me of many appointments and meetings in the past, and I had worn it for many years.

I watched Monday Night Football, saw the Patriots go down, big time, and watched the exuberant Saints celebrate at the end of the game.

I went to bed at eleven fifty, I checked the time on the watch, and it was still accurate, according to our other clocks in the room. I was glad to have the old friend back, and took one last glance, at the old Seiko Bell-matic.

I woke up this morning, went to the kitchen to make coffee, put in the coffee, then the water, and I glanced down at my watch, to check the time.

For some reason, it stopped at exactly midnight, and as hard as I tried, it would not run. It is sitting beside me now, both hands on twelve, the second hand no longer moves. It had worked perfectly, for sixteen hours.