Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Tour de France ...... I think that's it

I never had a TV channel before, that I know of, where I could watch the TDF live, but it is an interesting sporting event to watch.

A long day of riding, and it comes down to an exciting finish.

The scenery is outstanding as they go through those little towns and the mountains. The route is lined with people, cars, campers. With so many people on those narrow roads and streets it amazes me that some bikers and spectators don't collide.

I don't really understand the race, different ones finish first, but the aren't necessarily winning the race, but, nevertheless, it is fun to watch.

I now would like to hit the lottery and take that same route, in a nice camper, and see all those sites.

The bikers and the cars and motorcycles seem to be in such close proximity to each other, maybe the camera causes that. One biker will be next to a car, loaded with bikes, riding at high speeds, taking water bottles, and loading them in a back vest. Seems like one little slip, and disaster.

I will be back watching in on Tuesday AM, early, I guess they give them a day off today.

I would need a lot more than that if I was in it ..........