Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, July 12, 2009

The older I get ..............

The older I get, the harder it is ...... to MERGE.

I am doing better with driving, since my triple bi-pass of a few years ago, but I find that when I have to MERGE on to the freeway, it is getting more difficult.

MERGING takes very quick reflexes and decisions, and in my advanced age, this is getting tougher all the time.

I spend more time at 4-way stops, just to make sure that everyone understands what the other is going to do. If someone looks like they are in a hurry, I let them go first.

I think some people look in my car, see my white hair, know of my reluctance, and swoosh on.

I generally STOP before I MERGE, just to make sure there are no cars coming, and it is not as easy to turn my head ..... completely to the left as it used to be. I can only do about eighty degrees without turning my head, and I just don't trust rear view mirrors.

I have seen some "old timers" who do not worry about MERGING, they just go ahead with no worry or concern about what might be coming in their direction. They don't even seem concerned about all the tires screeching behind them, and they avoid all the dirty looks as cars pass them ..... eventually.

I take alternate routes so I don't have to MERGE. I prefer stop lights and STOP signs to merging. MERGING is for the young, not the old.

I may have a bumper sticker printed .....

I DON'T MERGE WELL
BE PATIENT