Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, July 20, 2009

On another subject ...

I watch the Tour de France, I don't understand it, I don't know WHY anyone would want to subject themselves to such torture, unless they just enjoy the scenery like I do. They don't have the advantage of that helicopter though. The shots they take are marvelous. I can see why Hitler wanted to own all of that.

Their crowd control leaves something to be desired. Some riders actually have had to try to beat people off, and I don't understand why, someone wants to run along with the bikers for a few yards or so. The crowds are almost hysterical, and they only get a few seconds view of the riders.

It has to be one of the largest sporting events in the world, when you add it all up. I learned what the peloton was, they could just as easily said the "group." I have heard three different pronunciations of the word.

I am sure the educated know what is happening, I don't, but I love that scenery. I think in a previous life I was Bavarian. Those alps are beautiful, the architecture is extraordinary, as is the scenery.

I wonder, also, some of those roads are quite old, they don't seem to deteriorate like our highways do, wonder why that is. I don't think I have seen one orange barrel. Wonder if they build their roads to last. The Autobahn was build in the twenties, wonder how much maintanance they have had to do.

In Columbus, Ohio, I think they build their highways to last for five years, then resurrface.