Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, July 10, 2009

My Experience with a Heart Attack .....AGAIN

I just didn't feel well, hadn't for a couple of days .... NO particular symptoms.

My wife was not home, she was working, so they called my son-in-law,, he came over, I casually got dressed, and off we went to the hospital.

Emergency room ..... some natural concern, EKG and a few other things, went back to my cubicle ..... for 6 hours ..... a few visits my Doctors and nurses, one seemingly concerned Doctor, a woman, seemed puzzled by my symptoms, or lack of them.

Finally ordered an XRay, wheeled down, moved to the left, then to the right, back on the bed, and a nurse started wheeling me back to my emergency cubicle.

The Doctor was waiting for me, I think I noticed a strange expression on her face, it is all rather blurred ..... "Oh, you're having a heart attack!"

Blood work had finally come back with that, whatever, showing.

Then it was a blurr .... vaguely remember something at our local hospital ...
remember an ambulance ride to Columbus, Ohio ...... I remember asking a surgeon if he had "done this before?" I think he said he had, many times, then coming to in a recovery room, after my triple bi-pass or by-pass, not sure which is right.

Then I remember I felt like going home, but they kept me an extra day for some reason, not sure what it was ...... I DO REMEMBER .................VIVIDLY

One morning, before leaving, the Doctor came to my bedside, we chatted about something, and then SSSSSWWWWWWOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH ..... he pulled something out of my CHEST .... I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SHOCKED IN MY LIFE .... something they would have attached something to ..... if necessary, but it wasn't.

I have never experienced anything like that in my life ..... and ..... if I had known what he was going to do ..... I probably would have killed him first. He knew how to do it .......... JUST DO IT .... before anyone can think about it.

It didn't hurt, just like someone pulling a garden hose out of your chest ....

"The ANTICIPATION is always worse than the event." Or, as Hitchcock said, "There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it.

I was up and around quite soon, but in all honesty, it has taken me almost three years to get over ALL of it, and still not sure if I have. Many mental issues, emotional issues, things they don't tell you about.

AND, AND, I had preached about ASPIRIN ..... and did not take any .... till the end of it all, coming back from the XRAY department, first thing the Doctor did, have me CHEW TWO ASPIRIN ...................