Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, May 30, 2014

Thoughts for the day .........

Words, Words in a Speech .... meaning. I have tried to look back and some of the speeches made by one Barack Obama. He uses the word "period" on a number of occasions, I thought as an emphasis, but I am more inclined to think it is a signal, to someone, some group, that, "I really don't mean it." We all know that he does not write his speeches, he has a LARGE staff that does that. How much input he has, is up for speculation.

Among the words Obama has used more than other presidents: innovation, Republicans, jobs, why, I’m, kids, college, because, companies, can’t, don’t and Democrats. Among the words Obama has used less than other postwar presidents: must, peace, program, federal, freedom, nations, national, period, war and policy.

Why does he, Obama, feel that he should get in, stir up or get involved in the "concussion" controversy. I was not aware he had any medical background.

What does Obama have against Drew Carey? I turned the TV off when the "Bulletin" came on, I knew what was going to happen. Why do government employees, especially those in the VA get ridiculous bonuses for doing "nothing much" in the first place. Oh how I wish I had gone to work for the government when I got out of high school. Officials apparently don't get fired, they must make a lateral move to another job, same pay grade. How great is that?

Yes, I think Indiana will win tonight. Advertising has already been paid for .... on game 7. I am not always right, but more often than not, just visualize WHAT outcome would most profitably benefit TV?. James may again get in to foul trouble, and change the outcome, not always, but?????? I have predicted the last four Super Bowls, not the best team, the "most satisfying" for TV.