Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, May 23, 2014

The Dayton Triangles

I have heard of The Dayton Triangles all of my life. Born and raised in Dayton I have heard many stories about this team. I number of "Doctor" friends, either as Interns or Residents, attended games as team physicians.

My Dad, the Doctor, had a few of the players as patients over the years.

Triangle Park, the origin of their name, I have been at many times. My Brother, Dean Shannon Dooley, went to Steele High School, played basketball and track. He was a high jumper and broad jumper. Steele had no track, a downtown school, surrounded by commercial buildings. They practiced and held their meets at Triangle Park.

Dayton was famous for many things, General Motors, National Cash Register, and other manufacturing plants. Charles Kettering lived in Dayton. Among other things, he invented the electric starter for cars. The Wright Brothers were from Dayton.

I grew up and around so much history that I didn't realize the importance of it until later life. I delivered newspapers on occasions to Orville Wright. Thought nothing of it at the time.

I remember being in the Navy, my first cruise to Japan, went in to a store in Tokyo, far away from home, first things I saw, a cash register, NCR, made a few blocks from my home. It made the world much smaller.