Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, May 29, 2014

Obama receives standing ovation from less than 25% of West Point cadets

Probably an accurate percentage, ONE/FOURTH of the country, likes, agrees or trusts him. I look upon him the same as I would the head of any large corporation. In almost all cases I do not know their names. I know his. He does not know mine. He does not really care about me, my family, or my problems. He is merely a corporate image. He makes a lot of money and will have an excellent retirement. One has to question his intelligence by not accepting 50 MILLION, just to show his birth certificate. OBAMA is probably the ONLY person in the WORLD who would NOT do that. I wonder WHY? The Corp, this year, altered the tradition of throwing their caps in the air, they threw them at Obama ..(I made that up)

President Obama was welcomed by the Black Knight of the Hudson for his speech at West Point on Wednesday, but less than 25 percent of the cadets gave him a standing ovation upon his introduction.

“Receiving tepid applause and a short standing ovation from less than one-quarter of the audience upon his introduction, Obama argued for a contradictory foreign policy that relies on NATO and the United Nations while insisting that ‘America must always lead on the world stage,’ the paper reported.

During his speech, which the Wall Street Journal called “consistent with that of every post-Cold War administration,” the president also took a swipe at critics, saying: “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being. But what makes us exceptional is not our ability to flout international norms and the rule of law; it’s our willingness to affirm them through our actions.”

Much of the president’s speech focused on using military force only as a last resort and working with allies to solve global conflicts.

“I would betray my duty to you, and to the country we love, if I sent you into harm’s way simply because I saw a problem somewhere in the world that needed fixing, or because I was worried about critics who think military intervention is the only way for America to avoid looking weak,” the president said.

The president stressed that the U.S. needed to work with the international community to combat terrorism, and that increased efforts to do so would include a new $5 billion fund. That money would also expand funding for Defense Department intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, special operations and other activities, the Associated Press reported.