Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, February 24, 2013

Go, Danica, the world is watching

Sunday, 2/24/13, 12:15, Daytona 500 Race day. I am not a big race fan anymore, in my younger days I spent a lot of time at Funk's Speedway in Dayton, Ohio. Midgets raced on Friday night, Stocks on Saturday and Sprints on Sunday. Also always been a fan of the Indy 500. Liked it more when it was an all day event, back in the 30's and 40's.

But, I love women, I admit it, and women who participates in sports, and excel, I think are great. Jennie Finch, softball pitcher, outstanding, a tremendous roll model for young girls. Martina of tennis fame, the epitome of an athlete. So many I admire, softball, basketball, pool, soccer, so many. Jeanette Lee and
Allison Fisher of pool fame are great.
Today, Danica Patrick is the FIRST woman to hold down the Pole Position at the biggest of all stock car races. How great is that.

I, and many thousands, including many young girls who have never had an interest in NASCAR will be watching, a girl, a lady, a woman, lead the field down the track on that opening lap. More viewers today than ever, because of that.

But, as she said today, "My Dad raised me to be the fastest driver, not the fastest woman."