Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, March 14, 2010

Where have all the Leaders Gone?

The first I remember was FDR, my Dad was not a fan of his, so I heard all the negative, but as young as I was, I knew he was the leader. Of course, during the was, Churchill, Eisenhower, Patton, Admiral Nimitz, McArthur, were all well known leaders.

To me, with the exception of Reagan, there has been no leader that really stood out.

Now our leaders are radio DJ's and radio personalities, TV personalities. Basically, the loudest voices in the Republican Party are all "media personalities." Is it just that they have the audience and that makes them the leaders.

I don't think that McCain was ever a leader figurehead. He had little to no persona, and even though not made too public, I think those that really knew him, and of him, were concerned. I think that is why Sarah Palin became so strong, she had personality, a firm speaking voice and a positive attitude. Just what the Republicans were looking for, a leader.

I admit I am not a fan of Obama. My concern there is that he is nothing more than an image, a figurehead for something we are not even aware of yet. He is frightening to me. He speaks, but they are not his words. I think that is one reason he uses teleprompters everywhere. He even used a teleprompter when talking to some young schoolchildren in their classroom. Someone is writing all his material, and that is scary.

Way too many questions unanswered about him and I don't think he has ever been really forthright with us. He is Charley McCarthy and we have no idea who Edgar is. We will find out when it is too late.

So where is the voice in the darkness? Where is our next leader coming from?