Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, June 28, 2009

Who is next?

We have had a few celebrity deaths the last few days. They say they run in three's, we have had four.

They were all, "one of a kinds" in a way, and if memory serves me right, they all had Bentleys, at one time.

Ed, an icon with a booming voice, I don't think anyone could have sat next to Carson all those years, and done what he did. He was happy as a "second banana" and not many can do that and be satisfied for long. Their egos would get in the way.

Farrah, many a young lad fell in love with her, and some old ones too. I think she was a better actress than we all thought. Due to her looks, she had a lot of talent that was never utilized. I think her star really shown, in the final act.

Michael, in some ways he, like KISS, was "after my time." I remember seeing him when he was little, obviously talented. By the time his star rose, I was too old to appreciate his "talent." Unfortunately, I remember his later problems, and they, to me, sometimes overshadow his talent.

Billy, I always admired good "pitchmen." I remember many, many years ago, in Woolworths, in Dayton, Ohio, maybe some of you will remember, the guy demonstrating that little wax mouse, that he could do wonders with. He could get it crawling all over his coat. They sold like hotcakes, but no one could ever get it to do what that guy could. I admired huxters at carnivals, really good salesmen, people who could sell you the "Brooklyn Bridge."

Billy was already successful, but he was just starting to enter his "peak," that makes it sadder, to me. He was doing well, had success, but his new show was making him even bigger, and not just as a "pitchman" but as a businessman and personality. He and A.J. Khubani, the CEO of Telebrands, and Anthony Sullivan were bringing reality to the "pitchmen."

Scary, wonder who is next. I remember one episode of CSI Miami, someone had a "Death Pool," and wagered on who was next to die. A radio show I listened to today while driving was inviting callers to give the names of "who they thought would be next."

Kinda gruesome, don't want to go there, I could be on that list.