Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Letterman vs IMUS

Is there a double standard, or is it just my imagination?

Letterman gets by with a "tongue in cheek" apology, and Imus gets kicked off the air. To me, what Letterman did was much, much more severe. Why INSULT the child of a politician in the name of humor.

Today, there would be no comedians if it were not for politicians. There are no more comedy writers, just political analysts. A so called comedy writer today, needs do nothing more but sit and watch television.

I wonder what Letterman would have said if it had been one of Pelosi's daughters, or any prominent democrat, for that matter.

I no longer watch the Indiana boy, he has forgotten his "roots" and the Indiana background in which he was raised. He no longer "tears" up, when he hears the strains of "Back Home Again In Indiana," he is not a Hoosier anymore, in my book. He is just another one of those Carson, WANNABEES, and that will never happen.

Imus, and I heard him when he made that comment, and I was shocked, and knew he had overstepped his boundaries. He, like Letterman, think they have risen to a point of invulnerability, where they can do no wrong, but some things just can't go ignored.

I don't think the Palin family deserved those comments. I am also glad that Sarah chose not to go on his show ...... to see how great he really is.... or was.

Lettterman is on my list of NOT TO WATCH shows, not too many left to watch! My list is almost down to POKER and the WEATHER CHANNEL. I am thankful for Channel 73, I spend as much time there as anywhere. THE BIG TEN NETWORK.

MORE INFORMATION